Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watcing you. --Robert Fulghum
A person's a person, no matter how small. --Dr. Seuss

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Stan Travels

Stan went to Vietnam for work for 8 days. It was a 21 hour plane flight. Crazy. He stopped at the Tokyo Airport on the way and used the bathroom. This was the first email I got entitled "Toilet Instructions."

"These are on the stall in the Tokyo airport bathroom. How to use the fancy toto electric toilet and buttocks cleanser. If a crapper needs instructions, the user interface is too complicated."



Well, he finally made it to his Hotel in Vietnam. He grabs the local paper and I get an email with a subject of "Highlights."

"I would definitely consider that first headline a highlight."



Out and about he goes, exploring. But, first my good good boy went to Mass at a beautiful old Catholic Church in Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon). Each alcove had the Stations of the Cross. Plus, look at their prayer candles. So beautiful!



So, tooling around town, he made sure not to jump too high for safety reasons. But, the video below is what I want you to watch. CLOSELY. Really concentrate and see if you notice anything COMPLETELY INSANE!!?!?!?!



Uh huh, yes. You just saw that! OH-EM-GEE! Child endangerment, anyone?

So, the last email I got from him, subject as "my ho chi minions."
On a much more serious note, I really debated with myself on posting these pictures. They are just so disturbing and very upsetting to me. But, I suppose it's important for us to be reminded of our brave young men who fought in Vietnam. We lost almost 60,000 boys at that time and after seeing these pictures, it is very very clear why so many who did survive are just unable to discuss what happened to them and their fellow soldiers. I wish I could have been there to welcome them home properly...
God Bless the souls of our fallen soldiers.

No comments:

lulu-mtr