Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watcing you. --Robert Fulghum
A person's a person, no matter how small. --Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Pines

My big girl got away for a week of summer camp.  Swimming, games, archery and more, but most importantly, praising God.   The Pines Catholic Camp is just incredible.  She had a wonderful time.  But the real good news was after the week was over and we went to pick her up, when I saw her I cried and when she saw me she cried.  Love her. A lot.

My friend took this picture.  I totally embarrassed her trying to unpack for her, so once we picked up on the vibe - we left....  But she was super nervous so it was hard to leave her. But, sure enough, after we left, her friend showed up and she was super happy.  Yay.  



She spent a lot of time with her friend.  But her and J also got to meet two other girls that she really liked and became friends with.  AND she also had an autistic girl in her cabin who was a sweet girl and Lexi got to really appreciate how to interact with someone with special needs and enjoy such a wonderful person as the special human being that she is. She also had a girl... with... an... odd personality.... Learning experience.  She LOVED her counselors "Flo" and "Bakerella" by the way.... I appreciate them for making her experience so great.





We pre-addressed and stamped her stationary and she wrote letters to her grandmas and her cousins and we got THREE letters.  She is so awesome.  I'm so glad she had such a wonderful time.  Thank you Pines for such a fun, safe and sandy place.  My other little girl is talking about you non-stop - she wants her turn BAD... to be cont'.

We love you lulu.


 

No comments:

lulu-mtr