Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watcing you. --Robert Fulghum
A person's a person, no matter how small. --Dr. Seuss
Thursday, July 26, 2007
The first thing the girls do when they wake up, 90% of the time, is run to our room, look deep into my eyes and ask with all seriousness, "Mommy... Can we go dress up?"
When we have a playdate, the first thing girls do when they arrive at our house, is ask, "where are the dressup clothes??"
All summer, their dressup things have been washed more than their regular clothes. We are about to have a new girl cousin. The girls can't wait to teach her about all things girlie. Here is their summation:
1. Own Fancy Nancy and A Princess Primer
2. Must have an assortment of Dressup clothes
3. Own the movie 12 Dancing Princesses
4. Have an American Girl Doll.
5. Have beads to put in your hair.
6. Have a lot of stickers.
There are more things. Well, a litany of things... They are all very funny. But, you get the gist.
I am enjoying having the girls home so much this summer. They play and play and play. I dread school starting again, but they are really looking forward to a new year. I have them home for 3 more weeks at least.
Monday, July 9, 2007
- Never move if you have three kids 5 and under.
- Never let a Realtor leave the back door open with the alarm disarmed. Never talk to that realtor again. Find realtor voodoodoll.
- A blazing fire across the street, the first night in your new house, does not HAVE to be a bad sign.
- Never be tricked by a sleezy mover named Alex.
- Thank the person who invented working dishwashers.
- The person who came up with the "intercom" in the 70's rules!
- Sleeping two nights in a row for 12 hours should be mandatory if you move.
- The day that AT&T says they are going to come to your house, do NOT take a shower!
- Thank God for keeping our family healthy and together.
- Thank God for our new house that we don't deserve.