/ˈvɔrtɛks/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [vawr-teks] Show IPA
–noun, plural -tex⋅es, -ti⋅ces /-təˌsiz/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [-tuh-seez] Show IPA . 1. a whirling mass of water, esp. one in which a force of suction operates, as a whirlpool.
2. a whirling mass of air, esp. one in the form of a visible column or spiral, as a tornado.
3. a whirling mass of fire, flame, etc.
4. a state of affairs likened to a whirlpool for violent activity, irresistible force, etc.
5. something regarded as drawing into its powerful current everything that surrounds it: the vortex of war.
6. (in Cartesian philosophy) a rapid rotatory movement of cosmic matter about a center, regarded as accounting for the origin or phenomena of bodies or systems of bodies in space.
I'm in the Auction Vortex. Our event is tomorrow, can not wait til it's over, just to start it all up again... 3 sick kids and 1 sick mom. A commerical was shot at our house this week. Have bills piled up to be paid. Yup, can't wait til Saturday morning. Let's hope the "Green Acre Gala" is a huge success for our school. Then maybe I'll have time to capture a few fun things for my blogity.