Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watcing you. --Robert Fulghum
A person's a person, no matter how small. --Dr. Seuss

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Boy

Anderson is the sweetest thing on the planet. I know of nothing he could do different then he does now... He is totally funny - here is some of our recent dialog.

[Anderson] Mom are my eyes black?
[Mom] No baby, they are a yummy chocolaty brown.


a week later....

[Anderson] Mom are my eyes black?
[Mom] No baby, they are a yummy chocolaty brown...
[Anderson] Mom, are you sure they aren't black?
[Mom] Yes, I'm sure. Why do you think that?


a shrug....

a week later....

[Anderson] Mom are my eyes black?
[Mom] No baby...??? Anderson, do you want your eyes to be black?
[Anderson] Yes!! I want to be mean and you have to have black eyes.

[Mom] Oh, yes, your eyes are black as coal!!!
[Anderson with big eyes and claws] Rarrrrrr!


Sitting on the barstool in the kitchen....

[Anderson] Mommy, you are my princess.
[Mom] Aahhh, thank you buddy. I love you.
[Anderson] I love you Mommy, more than you love me. And you are MYY princess.
[Mom - speechless]


a few days later....

[Anderson yelling from another room] "Mommy! ... Mommy! ...I mean, my princess!"
[Mom] Oh, yes honey!??!


So, now instead of saying, "moooom" hey says "my princess" most of the time.

And, finally.

[Mom] Good morning buddy!
[Anderson - waking up in his batman jammies] Mommy, don't call me Anderson. I'm batman because I protect you from the Monsters!


Our super fabulous babysitter is one of my good friends Mom's. She is from Mexico and raised 5 children. She totally loves Anderson, too. She refers to the kids as "Lexi, Ainsley and The Boy."

My heart is sooo swollen.

No comments:

lulu-mtr