Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watcing you. --Robert Fulghum
A person's a person, no matter how small. --Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cowgirls

Ainsley woke up yesterday and said, "Mama, I want to be a cowgirl today."

I hear cries "What's wrong, Ainsley??"

"Mommy! Lexi said cowgirls don't wear skirts.... " Sniff, sniff.

"They absolutely can wear skirts. Cowgirls are the lucky ones, they can wear skirts or pants. It's THEIR choice!"

Smiles, "Did you know, cowgirls always tuck in their shirts?"

"Really?"

"Yes. Also, can you put this back in my boot?" The sole had fallen out.

"MOM!! Cowgirls wear TWO braids, not ONE!!" Grimacing.

"No, no, they were one braid alllll the time."

"Mom, you have got to find my cowgirl hat! Okay, I'm ready for my piano lesson."

She proceeded to walk next door, Mr. Jay emailed me this picture. Apparently, he was smitten with how cute she was when she came over and took this picture.

No comments:

lulu-mtr