Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watcing you. --Robert Fulghum
A person's a person, no matter how small. --Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

This is how we do it


I feel so lucky to be able to stay home with the kids and do nothing but plan our days and do for them.  We are busy, but we are a team, we get it all done and while laughing a lot.  For *months* Ainsley Grace had been talking about her play, Two by Two.  She did fantastic on her lines.  She is a wonderful "memorizer."
 
 
















 Lexi, the baby whisperer, is such a helper.  Whit is soo comfortable with her and truly feels good with her.  What a gift for both of them to have each other.   Here is the schnoodle doing his one big party trick.  Standing.  We all stop and get excited when he does it.


 

 We had a great day at the soccer fields, 3 games and pictures, then we had to rush off to the Violin Trophy Festival.  Rushing is the key word there.  I didn't even think to check Whit's diaper before we left... THAT was a BIG mistake.  We made it there after the 45 minute drive, got in, got the violins unpacked and our teacher started tuning them... I looked down and I can tell you it was NOT a pretty sight.  Of course I did not have a change of clothes for him.  So he got to be naked the whole time.  At first embarrassing since we got a lot of peculiar looks... Eventually we owned it as best we could.  "No mamn, we are not white trash..."

Below is there sticker chart for Violin.  When they play all of their songs 10 times each and for Anderson after he plays twinkle 100 times, I will take them on a shopping trip for a reward.  Lexi has decided she wants makeup.........





 Something is very wrong about waking a 5 year old up for school everyday at 6:30am.  But he does pretty well at handling it, but it does catch up to him every now and then.  One morning, I came home from yoga and he was crying and moping around, half dressed.  He finally walked up to me and said, "Moooommmmyyy, I am siiiiiickkkkkk."  I said, okay Buddy, go climb in my bed  and wait for me to get your sisters out the door.  He had been fighting crud anyway, I thought maybe he needs a day home.  As soon as I got to him he said, "Can I watch TV?"  I said, no, not on sick days.  He said, "okay."  Closed his eyes and fell asleep soo hard. He slept 3 hours without hardly moving.  He opened his eyes, smiled and said, "Mommy, I feel GOOD!"  I took him to school late that day and he was so excited, he got there just in time for recces and lunch!  Sweet boy.


 He was fine the rest of the week....  Here is a picture of him outside of his classroom....

No comments:

lulu-mtr