Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watcing you. --Robert Fulghum
A person's a person, no matter how small. --Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Me, Vegan? Maybe.....

My good friend and I have read a book and it has inspired us to do it's 6 week eating challenge!

It's a great book.  It's main idea is to 'eat to stop disease.'  Although the book cover mentions weight loss.  Apparently, the weight loss is a side effect of eating this way.  A rapid side effect.  I'm happy to lose some pounds.  I'd be happier to be healthy!  I love the idea of minimizing all of the food caused ailments that many in America seem to deal with.  




 Check out his illness chart! Yowza!  And this guy is serious.  But as you read it, it begins to make sense.  So much so it's hard to deny.  He says for people who suffer from headaches, he has a 90% cure rate with his patients.   My nutrition friend pointed out two things to me.  One, people who were diabetic who ate this way REVERSED their diabetes in SEVEN DAYS.  Not two weeks, or 2 months or 2 years.  It is fascinating.  She also pointed out that if I were to be diagnosed with cancer today, this would be the diet to fight and kill the cancer nutritionally.  It's astounding.  I love information!

As I read, he says, if you having your cup of coffee in the morning and your glass of wine in the evening helps you maintain a healthy diet, then do it.  He also said, DO NOT EVER GET HUNGRY.  I'm allowed to eat as much as I want.   I thought, "if I can have my wine and coffee and not be hungry THIS is the eating plan for me!"

So today is day 3.  It took me about 1 and a half weeks to ease into this 6 week challenge.  My friend and I decided to kick it off January 14th and be done by the end of February.  I think 6 weeks is a fair number.  I hope I can do it.  Day 1 was okay.  Day 2, I had what they call detox symptoms (headache, nausea) during the morning.  Today, I'm feeling good.  Clear.  We shall see... It's early yet.

Today I made a new dip, Pineapple, Jalapeno, Onion, cilantro, lemon and lime juice.  YUMMY!  I also made broccoli and leek soup.   I'm rocking day 3. 
Booyah!

Here was our salad on day 2.  The kids each had a huge plate full and cleared it.  That doesn't always happen...  My emergency food is a can of black beans with some pico.  Yum.


No comments:

lulu-mtr