Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watcing you. --Robert Fulghum
A person's a person, no matter how small. --Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Friends in Akumal

I got invited to go to my friends beach house in Mexico.  What a beautiful destination, I was super lucky to get to go.  Me and a couple of other friends who were also invited landed in Mexico and our funny driver stopped right away to get us a beer to toast our getaway.  When we arrived at our house, the accommodations were incredible.  Maybe 20 feet from sand?  The sand was soft as butter.  Seriously.  It was awesome, you could walk in and out of the house and go to the beach and back to the house.  It was so comfortable and accommodating.  Stan and the kids would have loved it.  Here is my cute towel swan. :)

 To start the first day off right my friend got me a coconut out of the tree so I could drink fresh coconut milk.  YUM YUM YUM!!!


 
We snorkeled straight away!  What an incredible sight.  Right from her beach location, we threw on the gear and walked into crystal clear water.  I saw a sting ray, turtles, moray eel, barracuda, sea urchins, all the fish in the sea and 3 old pirate cannons!  It was incredible.   Later in the week we went to this amazing lagoon where we so saw many interesting fish it was like we were in an aquarium.  It was surreal.   We also walked and jogged everyday.  We went on hikes around the area and found this gorgeous rocky portion of the beach.  It was really cool, I loved the brain coral!!










The food, which I was very nervous about before going, was INCREDIBLE.  Everything was so fresh and delicious.  Fresh ceviche, guacamole, yummy tortillas.  This is what we ate the entire time!  Just native food, prepared incredibly by my friend, we picked and picked and were never hungry.  Nothing too formal, just casual and so yummy. 


My sweet friend's fabulous mother who owns the houses we stayed in.  She has been traveling to Akumal since the 70's.


One day we walked around the city with our party friends (also family friends) and literally ate lunch for 4 hours.  We walked and stopped at one place, had beers and an appetizer... Then walked further, sat at under a tent and ate Lion Fish and I had ginger margaritas.  Soooooo FRESH and seriously fun.




Yummy pinacoladas on the beach. 

 Here we were on our last day.  The weather all 5 days was magnificent!  I mean just incredible that it can be so beautiful just 3 hours flight south of Dallas.  Wow.

Here are our trip bracelets!  So pretty! 
I feel so lucky to know such nice people.  They were sweet moms, who helped me get past all my anxiety about going and leaving the kids.  Of course none of this would have been possible without Stan and his mom watching the kids and basically shoving me out the door to make me go.  Thank God for them and everyone.  It was a trip I will never forget.


No comments:

lulu-mtr